Welcome to my professional blog. It will be a journey, possibly a long one. Follow me if you like...

Wednesday 5 January 2011

A new beginning

The title of this posting has several meanings. Firstly, it is the beginning of a new calendar yer, 2011. Happy New Year to you! It also marks the beginning of a new course that I am taking.

Recently we have been introduced to the importance of creating strong links between prior and new information and with that in mind I decided to review a previous post I made on this blog which referred to brain research.

...After several long hours of trawling and search refining the Walden Library Online, I came upon the Journal: Mind, Brain and Education by Blackwell Publications Inc.
It contained many articles pertaining to this week's studies and I spent time digesting Bob Samuels (2009) "Can the Differences Between Education and Neuroscience be Overcome by Mind, Brain, and Education?" in particular.

A fascinating and relevant article which I would urge you to take a look at.
Other interesting websites such the Harvard Developing Child Center and Neuroscience for Kids can be found by checking out my recommended sites links on the right menu bar of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment